Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reduce stigma and shed light on HIV, says Okie native #saveryanwhitepartd #nyhaad

I was diagnosed HIV positive in my 20s, and it was earth shattering news for me. My family has been very supportive, but I have made it my mission to help reduce the stigma that positive people face, especially in minority communities. People are afraid of what they don't know, and I want to shed light on this disease. I have also worked to promote accurate reporting of statistical data regarding the confluence of race and infection - many minority positive patients are incorrectly reported as being Caucasian and/or from a race other than their own. This reduces funding allocations to the aforementioned communities for the purpose of education and prevention.
Okie Native

No comments:

Post a Comment